blog header

blog header

Monday 8 July 2013

Gears of war.... the stormtroopers


Quick snap of some guys I spent a few hours making up last night after deciding I needed some deep striking AP3 weapons to help with some Blood Angels next week. These are pretty much the last of the box of plastic Warzone figures I got back in November, their arms replaced with some old Necromunda guns, Catachan bitz and weapons from the Dark Vengeance cultists. The heads are more of my own cast servitor heads. These were really fun to make up, I love how the different heads and weapons really alter the poses from the ranks and file and veteran squads in the army. The Warzone figures have been really versatile and definitely a top buy for making up the mainstay of an army which could have been very pricey indeed.


Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. Nice conversions, and good to see Stormtroopers. They are great to use and they really scare Marine players :)

    Look forward to seeing them painted up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always taken Vets before for their lower points cost and greater flexibility, but I'd been overlooking the Deep Striking and AP3. Since my Vets almost always fail to hide successfully behind their Chimera (wouldn't want to put them in it now would I? Not with Hull points being what they are!) the DS option makes the points difference well worth it. Still taking some Forward Sentries with sniper rifles and a lascannon though to make the most of an excellent cover save and BS4.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a prety good idea concerning the Forward sentries.

      I have some spare Praetorians and Mordians, so might convert and paint up (maybe in Rifleman Green) a squad of vets for that purpose.

      I agree, deep strike is great, dropping behind battlelines with AP3 and special weapons. :)

      Delete

Fimm McCool's

Fimm McCool's